Sunday, May 08, 2011

Today is Mother's day.  My camera broke, so I have no pictures to post today.  But is has been a beautiful day.  My sister in law cam to visit last weekend, and she brought her journals to write in.  I don't do so well anymore with journals, but maybe I can at least come here and jot some thoughts down once in awhile.  I feel blessed today.  blessed to have my own Angel mother who loves me, and is so special to me.  My mom came from a very difficult situation when she was a child, where her birth mother was not fit, and my mom was taken out and put in to foster care.  She was in several different "homes", and eventually was placed in the home of Erma and Ray Bates, who loved her, and eventually adopted her.  I love my Grandparents so much, and am so grateful that they loved my mom and changed her life.  Despite the hard childhood my mother had, she has turned out to be the most amazing woman.  She has taught me so much, and I am forever grateful for her.
Now I am a mother of three beautiful, funny and amazing boys.  I always wanted to be a wife and mother, and today has been one of those precious days that has me feeling real joy.  My sweet husband got everyone ready for church, cleaned up the house, and spoke in church today.  I felt so proud to be his wife today.
Then after church, I was "sent to bed" to take a nap, which I loved!!  He went out in to the yard and filled up several vases with tulips and daffodils, then got the grill going and cooked me an amazing steak and chicken dinner.  He was pretty cute, trying to get everything done at the right time, but it was lovely.
My gift from Alexander and the boys today was a little box filled up with little notes from each of them, so I could read them if I ever felt like I needed a little boost.  I love this little family of mine that Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  I love my little house where we hang out and get to spend time as a family.  I love the happy sounds I hear right now from the basement of three boys and a daddy playing legos, and having fun.  I love my life, and I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives me trials to strengthen my spirit and make me strong and grateful.  And today I am grateful that I get to be a mom.

2 comments:

Deb said...

That's the best gift ever! I love the idea of notes as a quick pick-me-up. Daffodils and tulips are so beautiful. I loved Alexander's talk today. Spence and I decided he's about the most eloquent man we know. :)

Angela said...

Thanks Deb, what a sweet comment!